Saturday, August 11, 2018

Using those sets less used - Tabs for Everything and GDT Challenge #150

I'm so excited to get back to playing along with the Global Design Team and their challenges after a break last week. 

This week the Global Design Team has a really fun Sketch Challenge.  I loved the sketch but I really was having a hard time deciding what to do.  So this time I tried something different.  Instead of looking towards my favorite sets, I decided to pull out those less used to see what I could come up with. 

For starter's lets take a look at the awesome sketch for the challenge:

I loved the simplicity of the sketch and knew right away that I wanted to stamp on my panels as opposed to using some DSP.  So what did I come up with?  Drum roll......





For starter's this colour selection I choose is one of my new favs! - Melon Mambo, Coastal Cabana & Mango Melody.  I just love how they pop off each other. 

I started with a simple white card base and cut my panels of cardstock.  I then took my barely used stamp set - Tabs for Everything.  I choose to use the hearts, elephants and crowns.  I adhered my cardstock panels with Stampin' Dimentionals.

Once adhered, I attached some of the Rose Metallic thread, and mounted some of the wood element pieces.  I then added my small scalloped circle (Stamped in Melon Mambo), together with my Welcome sentiment.

To complete the card, I of course spritzed it with some Wink of Stella to make it shine!!

While I did stick somewhat close to the sketch I did change the position of the main cluster and sentiment.  I also added the thread instead of the tied bow in the sketch.

See that's what is great with working on a sketch, you can edit to put your own personal spin on your final project.  Sketch's can really get you working out of your comfort zone.

I had so much fun playing along this week and can't wait to see what's in store for next week!

Thanks for stopping by and have fun stamping.

Product List:

No comments: