Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Dancing Girl

Beautiful You is such a classic stamp.  I was so excited when I found out it would carry over into the new catalog.  The design of the girls in the stamp set are fun, classic & great to colour.

Here's a card I created at last month's team meeting for the Elite Stamping Stylists.  We have a fun meeting each month (either by Facebook Live or in person) so we of course work on some cards!

I wanted to use a set for the meeting that wasn't 'new' in the catalog and show how these sets can work great with some of the new colours and embellishments introduced this year.




I love how all these different components came together.  I started with a Grapefruit Grove base and stamped the border on the front of the card base with one of the water colour image stamps in Grapefruit Grove.

Next I took my White card front and added splatter to it with my Melon Mambo marker.  I adhered a piece of the designer series paper from the Tropical Escape paper pack.  

I stamped my dancing girl onto a piece of white cardstock cut into a circle.  I used Memento Ink and then used my Blends to colour her in.  I mounted the circle onto a piece of Flirty Flamingo cardstock cut into a scalloped circle.

I next cut the flower pieces out of Petel Pink cardstock using the Springtime Impressions thinlits.  I cut out two pieces and adhered them to my card base in the top left corner and bottom right so they would poke out behind my circle.  I then mounted my dancing girl element with Stampin' Dimentionals.

I stamped my sentiment with Memento black ink and punched it out with my Everyday Label punch.  I mounted it to the bottom right hand side of my card using Stampin' Dimentionals.

Lastly I added some Share What you Love pearls and gemstones to the top right corner and bottom left corner.

I love the different peach and pink colours - I love creating bright and fun cards.

Take a look at some of the older sets you have and mix it up a little with some newer items - the end results are sure to be stunning!

Thanks for stopping by and have fun stamping!

Product List




No comments: