Saturday, July 28, 2018

Global Design Project 148 - Case the Designer

It's time for a another challenge card!  This week over on the Global Design Project Blog they are having a challenge to case the designer. 

It's such a great card and fun layout to case.  When you case a card you take what elements you like from the original and then come up with your own spin on it.  Immediately, the items that caught my attention to case were: the circle element, flowers following the circle frame, the thread used on the card and lastly the strip of paper running behind the circle element.

Here's what I came up with:



I love the wood elements and thought of using this circle frame as soon as I saw the sketch.  I wanted small flowers for the frame to case what the designer did so I pulled out my Jar of Love stamp set and they were the perfect size.  

When I create clusters, I like to work with uneven numbers (seems more pleasing to the eye).  With this one here I set 3 main groupings of flowers and accented them with the Share What You Love Artisan  Pearls.  For my background, I broke out some brusho and used the blue and yellow colours.

I had so much fun (as always) creating this card.  For the first time in weeks, this card popped right into my head when I was trying to decide what to make for the challenge.  I just love when that happens!  

Check out the Global Design Project and have some fun yourself.  Working on these challenges are so inspiring!  

Thanks for stopping by and happy stamping!

Product List


No comments: