Saturday, July 21, 2018

Farm Theme Challenge - Global Design Project #147

A farm/country challenge?  Ok this one had me stuck!  This week over on the Global Design Project blog they had a challenge to create a project with the theme of 'farm or country'

I really had to idea where to start so I pulled out a piece of paper and looked at the products I had to work with that I thought would be good for this theme: wood paper, mason jars, rooster, wheat, the colours: poppy parade, so saffron; night of navy.

Then I started to play around.  The card actually came together really quickly because I worked off this list I created.  This was the first time I jotted notes like this and I have to say it really helped me in the creative process. 

Sometimes it can be overwhelming thinking about all the supplies you have. Narrowing that down and working from a list can really be a time saver.

Here's what I came up with:




I'm really happy with what I came up with and I'm super happy I decided to participate in this challenge.  It really had me creating something that was out of my comfort zone.

I started with a Crumb Cake base and layered some DSP in the middle of my card base.  I stamped the Farmer's Market stamp on the top and bottom.  I adhered my mason jar in the centre of the card using dimentionals and added some wheat in my jar.  To finish off the card, I added some linen thread to my jar with a nice bright rooster in the middle.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look, head over to the Global Design Project blog to check out their weekly challenges.  They are so much fun!

 Product List



No comments: