Sunday, August 19, 2018

Take me to the BEACH - Global Design Project Challenge Card

Ahhhhh the beach a sure sign of summer!  I love the beach - the sound of the waves, the sand between my toes and the feeling of total peace.

This week over at the Global Design Project blog they are running a super fun theme challenge:


Take me to the Sea!  I love these theme challenges.  They open up so many possibilities of what to create.  I had a vision in my head for this card all week and I was so pleased with the result.  Take a look at what I came up with:





I love the white simplicity of the card with pops of what I feel are 'sea like colours'

I started with a Whisper White card base.  For my card layer, I actually separated the the white cardstock by working it back and forth with a bone folder.  Once separated, it leaves the cardstock with a rough surface and can be known as the faux suede technique.

I added speckles to the piece by flicking my Bermuda Bay marker onto the background.  I roughed up the corners by bending and ripping them.

I adhered this piece to my card base and stamped my beach image on the Stitched label Frame.  Once stamped, I scrunched it up in a ball and roughed the piece up to make it look distressed.

I cut some fern leaves from Pear Pizzazz cardstock using the Tropical Thinlits.  I also cut a sand dollar from Crumb Cake cardstock from the Under the Sea Framelits.

I adhered these pieces to my cardbase in the top right corner and bottom left corner with some bunched up linen thread.  I placed these pieces so they would poke out from behind the stitched frame.

I stamped my sentiment, Thinking of You in Black Memento ink onto Crumb Cake cardstock and fussy cut it out.

I added some of the wooden hearts and lastly added speckles of Wink of Stella over the whole card.

I just love this card and can't wait to send it out to someone special so they know I care. 

You are able to purchase all the items I used to put this card together from my online store.  Just follow the shop button above.

Check out the Global Design Project and the awesome challenges they have each week.

Thanks for stopping by and have fun stamping!

Product List


No comments: