Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Some Giraffe Love

The Animal Outing suite is adorable!  I was so excited when we received this set at Onstage.  It's no secret I love giraffes so I was over the moon when I saw that Stampin' Up! came out with a giraffe stamp.

I can't believe that it has taken me this long to play with it. The co-ordination of the products in the Animal Expedition suite are just perfect to pull together super sweet cute cards.

Here's what I came up with:




I love how it turned out and how all the elements complement each other.

I started with a Crumb Cake base and used the circle flowered image from the Abstract Impressions stamp set in the top right corner and bottom left corner with my Sahara Sand ink.  (They make great giraffe spots).

Next I cut a piece of the giraffe print DSP to a 3 x 4 size and a border pieces for it in Early Espresso.

I adhered this to the centre of my card using Stampin' dimentionals.  Next I used my stitched shapes framelits to cut an oval out of water colour paper.  I stamped my giraffe image using Sahara Sand ink and then water coloured in the image with Daffodil Delight ink and Early Espresso ink using my aqua painter.

I used the giraffe print die and cut a piece out of the So Saffron cardstock.  Once cut I used my paper snips to cut out the piece.  I adhered the die cut giraffe piece to poke out behind my giraffe image. 

I stamped the sentiment Wild About You in Blackberry Bliss ink on a smaller stitched shape oval.  I adhered the sentiment oval over the centre of my two other pieces using Stampin' dimentionals. 

Lastly, I tied a bow using a piece of Crumb Cake twine and adhered it to the top of the giraffe stamped oval.

I love all the images in this stamp set and the Designer Series Paper has the most adorable images on it.  It's a great bundle and one I highly recommend.

Check it out in my online store (link above) and go on an Animal Expedition yourself!

Thanks for stopping by and have fun stamping!

 Product List

No comments: