Saturday, August 4, 2018

Maple Leaf Stampers - July Group Challenge

Every month the team I am on (Maple Leaf Stampers) holds a challenge.  July's challenge was so much fun!  I ran July's challenge for the group and the challenge was to create a monochromatic card!  Monochromatic anything is so popular right now in design, fashion and of course paper crafting.  By just looking at Stampin' Up's catalog cover you can see a bunch of projects made using the monochromatic formula.

Here's what I came up with for this month:



For my first card, I started with a Coastal Cabana base and used the Everyday Label Punch to punch some cardstock of the same colour to cover my card base.

I cut out a circle from Whisper White and used the Balloon Celebration stamp set to stamp a background.  I cut a scallop circle out of Bermuda Bay and used the stamp set and dies from the Painted Glass bundle to stamp my sentiment in Bermuda Bay and used Memento ink to stamp my butterflies.  

I coloured in my butterflies with my Stampin blends and also coloured a few clear rhinestones in Bermuda Bay.  I also couldn't resist adding some Wink of Stella to my butterflies.  I adhered my elements to my card and finished it off with a bow made with my 1/4 mini striped ribbon in Bermuda Bay.

Product List



Here's the second card I completed for the challenge:



This second card I created is my absolute favorite!  I love how it turned out and the combination of pinks I used.

I started with a Melon Mambo card base and my top layer is Melon Mambo as well.  I used the Oh So Eclectic Stamp set and Eclectic Layers Thinlits.  I also cut my flowers with the Springtime Impressions Thinlits and Amazing  with the Celebrate You Thinlits.

For my top layer of Melon Mambo I cut the diamond background shape in the lower right corner and attached it to my card base with Stampin' Dimentionals.  

On my background I stamped the 'centre' flower bits around the outside of my card to create a fun background.  I added some bunched up Rose Metallic Thread and to give my die cut diamond a 'base' I used the Everyday label punch to cut out a vellum tag.  I used the Copper paper for my diamond and arranged my flower pieces around the diamond.  

Lastly I adhered my Amazing and added some of the Share What you Love artisan pearls.

Product List



It's so much fun to participate in these challenges.  I encourage everyone to give it a shot.  It's a great way to get out of your crafty comfort zone and to try something new.  I also find when I participate in these challenges I end up using a lot of my older supplies which I might not always gravitate to.

Thanks for stopping by and have fun stamping! 

No comments: