Saturday, August 25, 2018

Celebrate the Good Stuff - GDP Challenge 152

I love me a good challenge and especially a sketch challenge!  This week the Global Design Project blog is running a great sketch challenge.  There is so much that I love about the card provided as a sketch that it was really hard for me to decide what to do.  Here's the challenge:

From looking at this card I picked out the elements that I really wanted to re-create in my project:  Of course my favorite stitched die set, the purple colour, flowers and a main centre element to the card.  I also liked the matting.

Here's what I came up with:




This card was a quick one to put together.  I started with a think Whisper White card base and added splatters using my Blackberry Bliss marker.  I tried to focus on having my splatters in the top right corner of the card and in the bottom left. 

I next took a piece of basic grey cardstock and embossed it with the new Tin Tile embossing folder (for sure going to be my new fav embossing folder!) and adhered the piece to the centre of my card base.

I next pulled out some of my Tropical Escape DSP and cut out one of the stitched label frames.  I adhered this to the centre of my Basic Grey piece using my Stampin' Dimentionals.

For my flowers I used the Petal Palette stamp set and coloured them in with my blends.  My sentiment is from the Picture Perfect Birthday set.  I cut a banner flag in the one end. 

Before I placed these pieces to my card, I wound up some silver metallic thread and added it under where my sentiment would sit on my card.  I added Stampin' Dimentionals to my flowers so they would hold even with my popped up frame. 

To finish the card off, I added a few sequins and of course a splatter of Wink of Stella.

I find sketch challenges are really great when your stamping mojo decides to take a holiday.  It opens the door for so many possibilities and can provide some fantastic ideas.

I really enjoyed this weeks challenge and can't wait to see what's in store for us next week!

Thanks for stopping by and have fun stamping!

 Product List

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card.