Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Wait! What? Scrapbook Pages Using Only Stampin' Up!

This past weekend I had the privilege to be invited to a local crop hosted by The Scrap Club to showcase Stampin' Up! and my business.

So what does one do when you now primarily make cards? You challenge yourself and make some scrapbook pages.

I have said before, I have been scrapboking for 15 years and I started with scrapbooking so I admit the concept was not new to me.  In fact, I still scrapbook and love that I cherish my family memories in my books.

What I have never done before is mix scrapbooking in with my card making and Stampin' Up!  In fact, I keep everything separate in my scrap room and have honestly never thought of using my Stampin' Up! supplies to make pages.

SOOOOO Challenge accepted..... it was hard at first because when I look at my supplies from Stampin' Up! I see cards - but once I got going I was on a roll and honestly I love the results.  Take a look below to see what I came up with....




For my first page I focused on using products from the new suite Nature's Poem - just perfect for scrapping some pictures taken at Animal Kingdom.  I used the leaf stamps to stamp a subtle background with some ink splatter and then layered up some of the great papers from the suite.  Added a few embellishments with of course - my own version of the Tree of Life and there it was a completed awesome page for my album - all using Stampin' Up!




For my second page I went with products from the Share What You Love Suite - those papers are just amazing and perfect to use for some pictures of my girls.  For the background on this paper, I started with stamping some random flowers.  I pulled out my stencils and traced some of the clouds with my pencil.  I finished the clouds off by sponging the clouds with my Pool Party ink.  To finish the background I once again added some splatter (I love this effect on my scrap pages).  I used a vellum scrap I had from some scallop circles I had cut out - a few embellishments and I couldn't be happier!

So my lesson was think outside of the box and try something new, it was hard at first but I'm so glad I tried and cannot wait to try it again!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: