Sunday, September 23, 2018

Christmas Tree Joy - GDP Challenge Card 156

I have to admit, its difficult getting in the Christmas spirit when it has been so hot outside lol.  But Christmas is coming and cards need to be sent.  I knew when I saw this week's challenge over on the Global Design Project blog that I wanted to create a classic looking Christmas card. 

This week's challenge is a sketch challenge.  Take a look:

I love the look of the embossed white background and then a pop of colour on the main element.  It looks so classic and fresh.

Here's what I came up with:




Once again this was a quick card to put together.  It has a great result and uses limited supplies.  

I started with a Whisper White base and a Whisper White layer of cardstock.  I embossed that cardstock with the Woodlands embossing folder.

Next using Shaded Spruce cardstock I die cut the evergreen tree from the into the woods bundle.  I used both the full image die cut and the one where you can pop up the leaves.  I added some campaign shimmer paint to the leaves to make them sparkle.

I bunched up some gold metallic thread and added it behind my tree.  My sentiment is from the Hearts Come Home stamp set.

I love the way it turned out and this would be a great card to mass produce for Christmas time.

Wanted to send a quick shout out to the Global Design Project! I was super honoured to receive a Special Mention in last week's challenge:


I love participating in these challenges each week and always look forward to seeing the next one.  Check them out and play along too!

Thanks for stopping by and have fun stamping!

Product List






No comments: