Tuesday, July 3, 2018

The Maple Leaf Stampers and June's Monthly Challenge

I am fortunate enough to be apart of a great team of demonstrators called the Maple Leaf Stampers run by my upline Elizabeth Green.

Every month we participate in a monthly challenge to share inspiration and get ideas to use in our businesses.  Elizabeth has graciously had me run our challenges for the group and I have so much fun coming up with them each month.

For the month of June we had a sketch challenge.  Here's the sketch we had to work with:


The sketch was created by Susan Stringfellow for Basic Grey.

Here's what I came up with for this month


For my first card, I used the Picture Perfect stamp set and had some fun flipping the sketch to make it a landscape card.  This is seriously one of my favorite birthday themed stamp sets for use.


For my second card, I decided to play with some of the Share what you love DSP and the Stitched All Around bundle.  For this card I stuck pretty close to the sketch provided.

Creating projects from a sketch is a great way to get out of your comfort zone and to try something new.  They are also great if you feel like your crafting mojo has left for vacation.

I love participating each month in these challenges and seeing what everyone comes up with. 

Stay tuned to see what fun we had in July!!

Want to play along too and have some fun with us?  Join my team the Elite Stamping Stylists and you can join us too (psssttttt - this month is a great month to join since you can get a free bundle of 10 ink pads with your starters kit - you don't want to pass this deal up)

No comments: