Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Global Design Team Challenge & Share What you Love

Well once I'm hooked, I'm hooked!

Another blog for challenges I decided to follow was the Global Design Team.  This weeks challenge is a sketch challenge:

I love this sketch!  It is so versatile, I had a hard time choosing what I wanted to do with it - so many great ideas started flowing with it.  I ultimately decided on using the Share What you Love suite coming out in Stampin' Up's new annual catalog being released on June 1, 2018 (Remember though this suite is currently being offered to customers in three great package options in advance of the catalog being released! - click my shop now button above if you would like to get your hands on this amazing kit now).

Here's what I came up with:




The Designer Series Paper offered with this suite is truly amazing! and you can get so much more use from it with also the option to fussy cut out the flowers.  They make a great embellishment on any project.

Tips for fussy cutting: When I fussy cut I always leave a small border around what I am cutting and I hold the image in one hand.  While I cut I rotate the paper around and it helps keep a continuous line.

Recipe for this card:
  1. So Saffron card base - cut at standard A2 size;
  2. Crumb cake layer - cut at 3 3/4 x 4 1/2
  3. Wodd Texture DSP - cut at 4 1/4 x 2 1/4
  4. Flowers cut from the Share What you Love Designer Series Paper;
  5. Inks used: So Saffron, Crumb Cake & Berry Burst;
  6. Ribbon Border Punch;
  7. Berry Burst cardstock for ribbon trim;
  8. Share What you Love stamp set;
  9. Linen Thread;
  10. Silver Metallic Thread; and
  11. Share What you Love artisan pearls.
I had so much fun creating this card and this new suite of products (Share What you Love) is just amazing!

I encourage you to head over to the Global Design Project and check out their challenges - I can't wait for the next one!



No comments: